Transport and Tourism is an essential text for students on travel and tourism degrees; it investigates the complex relationship between transport provision and tourism, and adopts a global perspective throughout.
Key features of the book include:
- Up-to-date, international case material and examples addressing key areas of current concern such as the ongoing financial crisis in the US airline industry, challenges posed by low-cost airlines and other innovative forms of transport provision, the climate change and sustainability debate, problems of managing car-based tourism, crime, safety, and security, and the e-travel revolution
- New concise ‘Insights’ feature providing a greater breadth of case studies especially on the developing world and the challenges of accommodating future growth
- A completely revised ‘future prospects’ chapter bringing greater emphasis on good practice examples and innovative schemes for tourist transport provision
- Chapter summaries and reflective questions focussing on the core material
- Weblinks and further reading pointing the reader to sources and data beyond the text